Saturday 9 January 2016

Unreal 4

Unreal 4 is in Pre-Alpha and I have to say that's its fun as hell. I really loved the Unreal series from day one and I was pretty sad that UT 3 didn't last too long. I'm not sure if its because it was also released on consoles and suffered a but of consolitis? I had both the xbox 360 and the PC versions of the game ( I still have and love my UT 3 xbox faceplate)









The big difference between the PC version and the console versions is that the console versions were much slower paced than the PC version. If you happen to have both versions you probably noticed that immediately.

Also, the PC and PS3 versions both got the Titan upgrade, which was a huge addon with more story mode , more maps and game modes as well as some new characters to use. The xbox 360 version did not get this upgrade because of MS's update policies.

As for UT4, you can download the pre-Alpha for free and play it though you do need to install the unreal engine 4 launcher. Yes, yet another game launcher to add to the collection. If you're like me you already have Steam, Origin, GOG, Uplay and now another one to add. To me, its worth it though. UT 4 is really fun and there are lots of players on it.



You gain XP during matches and as you level up you gain items to customize your character with. I think that you also unlock more characters because as of now I only have 2 while other people are using characters I cant use.

If you have played and liked the series in the past, you will probably enjoy this one, though if you're new to the series the fast pace might turn you off of the game.

Here is a very short clip of my gameplay. My first match against AI was at a nice 59-60 FPS , then the second match which I started recording on had some terrible FPS range until I paused the game and then restarted. The game runs really smooth though and you need to run it smooth to keep up with the fast paced action.



No comments:

Post a Comment